Working out of a file box on their dining room table in 1986, a young paramedic and his wife started a transportation company that would eventually become one of Louisiana's most well-known and respected ambulance service providers, MedExpress Ambulance Service, Inc.
The couple, Mark and Ginger Majors, would struggle over the years to break into new markets, working tirelessly to convince elected officials to give their small company an opportunity to provide quality emergency medical service to their residents. Time and again, their efforts paid off, as MedExpress continued an aggressive expansion in Louisiana and Mississippi.
In 2001 MedExpress was awarded a major contract by the U.S. government to provide emergency and non-emergency services to military personnel and their families at Louisiana's FortPolk military base. Today MedExpress operates an ambulance service in five Louisiana parishes-Rapides, Sabine, Grant, St. Landry, Vernon,-but has diversified from its core ambulance business.
In 2006 MedExpress was awarded another U. S. government contract in Utah at Dugway Proving Grounds.
History and Qualifications
- Provider of primary EMS and other medical services since 1992
- Owner has over 30 years of direct involvement with EMS
- Management Team has an average of 12 years in EMS administration
- 95 employees, operates 20 ambulances, 7 para-transit vans
- Fort Polk, LA EMS contract provider
- Dugway, UT EMS contract provider
- Innovations in service delivery, technology in EMS, consumer savings programs